Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, business name, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do I collect?
I may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- business name;
- website url;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- details of the products and services I have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to me directly through my website or indirectly through your use of my website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit me to collect information;
- information you provide to me through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with me.
How do I collect personal information?
I may collect these types of personal information directly from you.
I may collect this information when you:
- contact me on my website;
- communicate with me through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with me from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with my site, services, content and advertising.
Why do I collect and use personal information?
I may collect, hold and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use https://www.kimharper.com.au
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise https://www.kimharper.com.au and my users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, my business partners that I think you may find interesting;
- to comply with my legal obligations, resolve any disputes that I may have with any of my users, and enforce my agreements with third parties.
To whom do I disclose your personal information?
- third party suppliers and service providers that I use, if necessary;
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- my existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by me.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
I do not disclose information outside of Australia.
Using my website and cookies
I may collect personal information about you when you use and access my website.
While I do not use browsing information to identify you personally, I may record certain information about your use of my website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
I may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on my website that help me track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but my website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
I may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. I take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and I use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, I, as general practice, do not disclose any information to anyone. As a sole trader I do not share personal information with anyone. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using either the website contact form or my direct contact details. Sometimes, I may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, I will tell you why. I may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information I hold about you is inaccurate, please contact me and I will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think I have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way I have handled your personal information, you can contact me via the website contact form or via my direct contact details. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. I will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that I have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, I will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Effective: [27 November 2021]
Thank you for visiting my website. This website is owned and operated by Kim Harper ABN: 86 123 813 684.
In these Terms, ‘I’, ‘me’ and my’ means Kim Harper ABN: 86 123 813 684.
I may disclose that information to third parties that help me deliver my services (including information technology suppliers, communication suppliers and our business partners) or as required by law. If you do not provide this information, I may not be able to provide all of my services to you.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
The information on my website is not comprehensive and is intended to provide a summary of the subject matter covered. While I use all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on my website, to the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, I make no warranty regarding the information on this website. You should monitor any changes to the information contained on this website.
I am not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from my website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
I may, from time to time and without notice, change or add to the website (including the Terms) or the information, products or services described in it. However, I do not undertake to keep the website updated. I am not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on the website or if that information is not up-to-date.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, I own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this website (Content).
Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However I do grant you a licence to access the website and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by me and/or my third party licensors.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties.
In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
All other use, copying or reproduction of this website, the Content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by law.
No commercial use
This website is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any Content, software, products or services contained within this website. You may not use this website, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own website.
You must not do any act that I would deem to be inappropriate, is unlawful or is prohibited by any laws applicable to our website, including but not limited to:
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- using this website to defame or libel me or other individuals;
- uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to my property or the property of other individuals;
- posting or transmitting to this website any non-authorised material including, but not limited to, material that is, in my opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of our systems or a third party’s systems or network security.
If I allow you to post any information to my website, I have the right to take down this information at my sole discretion and without notice.
Warranties and disclaimers
To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, I make no warranties or representations about this website or the Content, including but not limited to warranties or representations that they will be complete, accurate or up-to-date, that access will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that this website will be secure.
I reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this website, any Content, or any feature of this website at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, in no event shall I be liable for any direct and indirect loss, damage or expense – irrespective of the manner in which it occurs – which may be suffered due to your use of my website and/or the information or materials contained on it, or as a result of the inaccessibility of this website and/or the fact that certain information or materials contained on it are incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date.
Jurisdiction and governing law
Your use of the website and these Terms are governed by the law of Victoria, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in Victoria, Australia.